As an impact fashion product Wood Belt has two elements.
The physical element
- Wooden buckle patented as invention. Patent number: 25569
- Sustainable local wood
- Crafted by artisans in Slovenia
- Registered by Slovenian Crafstmans’s chamber as crafts products
- No iron or metal is used – belts are suitable for anyone allergic to metals and don’t need to be removed at security screenings (airports etc.)
- Sustainable leather, cork or other materials are used for belt
- Circular lines using re-used materials
- High quality finishing
- Long life guarantee for the buckle
- Customized according to preference customer
The impact element
- Victims of violence are included into production process
- Profit are re-invested for public benefit
- Facing social challenges
- Employees enjoy their job and are proud what they do
- Always leaving a positive footprint
- Partners and customers community
- The sale of Wood Belt belts supports “Giving Tuesday” – a global charity campaign in which we operate locally
- The production and sale are based on the WFTO’s ten principles of fair trade
Wood Belt is produced in compliance with Impact Fashion principles.
Vulnerable social groups are included in the development, manufacture and marketing of our products. The different Wood Belt models are named for their individual qualities and stories. The NO symbol represents the unacceptability of the use of belts for violence. The production and sale of our belts are based on the WFTO’s ten principles of fair trade.
Since Wood Belt belts have no metal parts, you can go through security screenings at airports and other locations quickly and comfortably, without removing your belt. The ON symbol in the logo indicates that the belt does not have to be removed.
To manage all Wood Belt impacts we use Impact Fashion Index (IFI). Wood Belt IFI: 8,5 / 11.
More information on Impact Fashion.