WOOD BELT CHARACTERISTICS
Wooden buckle patented as an invention. Patent number: 25569
• Lightness and a feeling of the wood’s natural warmth
• No metal allergens
• Airport friendly
• Create and personalize your belt
• Easy size adjustment
• Easy repair
• Universal size available to lower the retailer’s stock
• Wooden parts long-life guarantee
Registered by Slovenian Crafstmans’s chamber as crafts product
- Our goal is to have 75% of collections and products biodegradable.
- We make buckles out of wood cutoffs as a circular economy product.
- PETA vegan-approved cork and other certified materials.
- Use of leather as a by-product of the food industry, addressing the problem of waste disposal
- The leather is tanned using natural plant-based tannins. As opposed to synthetic products, tannins come from renewable sources. They are antioxidant, antibiotic and antibacterial. The production process of our tanneries is metal-free, and it always has been, thanks to the raw materials linked to the centuries-old history of vegetable tanning.
- We use water-based adhesives for the leather.
- We protect the wood with certified oils for the food industry.
- We develop products using new, sustainable materials (NUO Textile, plants vegan leather etc.)
- We motivate buyers and the community to sustainable behaviour with our Impact Fashion Style Score and Impact Fashion Pledge.
- In 2022 Wood Belt was selected to participate in the »Small but perfectly formed« project, financed by the European Union, accelerating small and medium fashion enterprises to transition to circular and sustainable models.
We invented different technical solutions to fix the belt to buckle. Series such as SIMPLE, CAP, SLIDE, NUT, PLATE and many more offer innovative solutions and enable you to use your belt in the most functional way possible.
See here for details.
MODULARITYWe designed Wood Belt as a modular product with several advantages. First, you can create your belt version for once. Second, easy size adjustment and easy repair are the second ones. Third, modularity also enables belt personalization. Finally, and very importantly – modularity allows us to include underserved groups in the production process, which was impossible with sewing.
Wood Belt quality is a result of a careful and accurate process.
Wood craftsmanship includes:
• Carefully selected woods
• Milling to length and width
• Cutting following the grain of the wood
• Bevelling edges
• Front and back carving
• Cross- and lengthwise cutting
• Planing and moulding
• Burnishing edges
• Cutting into elements
• CNC cutting
• Turning dowels
• Drilling belt holes
• Final formatting of length and width
• Final sanding
QUALITY AND CARE
The cooperation of several master craftspeople results in the quality of our belts. We have invested all of our know-how and care into their production. Therefore we offer a lifetime warranty on the wooden parts of Wood Belt belts.
It’s a good idea to take care of your belt even while you are wearing it. Wear Wood Belt with the understanding that wood is a natural and breakable material. The buckle is oiled, and therefore should occasionally be wiped with a dry cloth. Clean the leather part with a damp cloth, adding a bit of mild antibacterial soap if you like, and dry gently with a dry cloth. Treat the belt with a leather conditioner, which will keep the leather soft and reduce cracking.
The manufacture of products, including belts, affects the environment and the stocks of natural resources and raw materials and generates waste. We need to manage resources with care.
The guiding principle of a circular economy is a positive materials loop. We need to re-use, repair and recycle existing materials and products.
We integrate circular economy principles into the development, planning and design of the product, the selection of the materials and the selection of the production processes right through to the waste management process.